Thursday, January 25, 2007

The end of an era... sorta

It is official... today I signed the paper that says, "Yes!! Please get me out of here!" Although honestly, I'm not ready to be done with college, only because that means that I have real life to face. So I am doing the cowardly thing and running back to take two more years... =). Nah, that isn't REALLY why I am doing it, but I do still wonder if when it is time for me to start my real life whether or not I will be up for the challenge. I'm pretty sure that I will be able to hack it, but for me, there is some comfort in the idea of being in school for the rest of my life. In one of my classes we did a get-to-know-you sort of thing and we were asked what our dream job would be. I said that my dream job would be to be a professional student. There are SO many things that I wish that I could learn, classes that I would take, subject areas in which I have barely scratched the surface. Sure, it is great that I finally feel like I have an expertise of sorts, but I love learning and it saddens me that I will never get to take all of the cool classes out there.

On a similar note, two of my SON applications are done and I have two more left to do. I am REALLY trying to listen and follow the Lord on this, but it is still hard to know if I am doing the right thing and where I should be applying and all of that. My dad and I were talking and I was expressing frustration and uncertainty about all of this and he said something that really helped me. He said that sometimes the Lord does speak in lightening bolts and sudden visions and all that stuff, but mostly He wants us to listen to Him but then use our own intellect to figure out what is the best. And it scares me to think that really He may be leaving this decision up to me, but I figure He knows what He is doing and He did give me a brain capable of logical thought for a reason. So yah, never a dull moment. If I wasn't freaking out about this, I am sure that I would be worried about something else, because unfortunately, I don't think that it is in my nature to NOT worry. But I am learning to live with that =).

And last but not least... Lisa and Josh got engaged 2 weeks ago!! I am excited for them and these next couple of months will be busy because I am her maid of honor. I told her that I didn't know what a maid of honor was supposed to do, but that I would Google it... typical me. Anyhow, that is exciting. I actually have a lot of exciting things on the calendar for the next couple of months, but somehow I also have to finish out my last two quarters. Like I said, never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Mandy Sue said...

Wow! I can't believe Lisa and Josh got engaged...How long have they been dating???