Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Spare Change

The change? My parents are moving to San Francisco sometime soon. Ambiguous, I know. But that is the best they can give me. Maybe the middle of September? Apparently when the pastor changes were announced in May or so, that wasn't the end of it. So Monday night (while I was still at home and not down at camp) I got a call from my mom saying that they were in Olympia and had decided to come home for the night. I should have been tipped off right there, but no. So they came waltzing in at 10 pm, made small talk for awhile, and then told me that they didn't just randomly decide to come home. They wanted to tell me in person that they were going to be moving down to Richmond.

AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry. I just needed to get that out. Now don't get me wrong, I am WAY less upset about this move than the last time we moved, mainly because I was already planning on moving away from my parents in August. But I wasn't planning on MOVING to Spokane, as in to live there solidly for the next 2 years. I was planning to live there for the school months and then come back home (home being Seattle) for the breaks. But now what do I do? Where is my home? Is my home where my parents are? I'm not so sure. And if my home isn't where my parents are, and home is truly Seattle, what will I do in terms of (a) Seeing my parents and (b) Living in Seattle over the breaks??? Like I said, it really is not THAT complicated but it is frustrating, especially since this came falling out of the clear blue sky. I really feel bad for my mom, though. I am moving to Spokane, and she will move away and leave Lindsey and Alex in Seattle to go to UW. Hopefully she can find some way to entertain herself. So yah, if you have a spare prayer, you can think of our family. Wanna know the rest?

Bro. Bob and Sis. Cheryl to Portland
Bro. Bill and Sis. Lori to Medford
My dad and mom to Richmond/San Fran
Bro. Larry and Sis. Rachel to Seattle

Yay! What fun.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Ok so I looked at it from a slightly different perspective when I heard the news this morning....and that was this....

A. I finally get to see your parents on some what a more regular basis...since I never made it back up to Seattle before they moved

B. I may get to have extended visits from Melina when she is on her school breaks (How cool is that?) After all Richmond is only an hour from Sacramento

However I will be praying for you and your family during this time. Just think of it this way, the Lord ALREADY knows where you'll call "home" after your parents move. I'm praying for Richmond ;)

Falling LEAVes said...

the big shock for me was when i saw the last pastor move. Larry and Rachel??? as in... our larry and rachel????

Mandy Sue said...

I was pretty surprised as well when I heard the news. I'll be praying for your family Mel. :D