Thursday, July 19, 2007

No good, very bad day

That was my day yesterday. A LOT of things went wrong, including, but not limited to:

-Having to spend 45 minutes on the phone with various offices at both WSU and UW to try and figure out why there was a hold on my account which made it so that WSU couldn't process my financial aid. I know that school doesn't start for a month still, but it is really stressing me out to not have any idea of what my expected contribution is or whether or not I'll need loans. Goodness, I put down the deposit on an apartment that I *think* works with my budget, but I don't know for sure cause I haven't seen the actual budget.

-Realizing that the hold on my account was because I was *TOO* efficient and had UW send my official transcripts to WSU before my degree had posted. So basically, WSU had paperwork from me saying that I had a previous degree and therefore I should be coded as one kind of student, but the transcript from UW made it look like that wasn't the case.

-Being immensely angry that neither UW nor WSU let me know what was going on! If I hadn't caught this by simply being on top of things, I shudder to think how long this would have gone on.

-Worrying that there might still be problems even after resending the transcript with my degree on it (which ended up costing me $20, $10 the first time and $10 the second time).

-Intense levels of stress and angst surrounding my general home life as we are all in a state of upheaval due to my parents' impending move.

-Traffic coming home from work.

-Realizing that I may or may not have killed my sister's bird by not giving it water. I really don't remember whether or not he had water, but I guess it is my fault since I was the only one home for the last couple of weeks. This stupid bird lived to the ripe old age of 11 (as a zebra finch) and then I go and kill it by not giving it water. I feel great.

-Frustrations in general over the fact that while everyone tries to understand, not many people do completely understand what it is like to be a PK. No, it does not boil down simply to the fact that now my parents get to live in a big, beautiful house.

Like I said, there were a lot more stresses. But I'm actually having a pretty okay day today and I don't want to make it bad by reliving all of the badness of yesterday. In the good news department:

-I came home from work yesterday and bawled for like 15 minutes. Now I know this doesn't sound like a good thing, but sometimes just crying makes everything better. For me, it's almost as if I haven't actually processed the things that are making me upset until I get it all out by crying. Of course, I can't prompt the crying myself, it has to be something totally stupid to bring it on, but it is nice once you can get it out of your system.

-I got an email today from B&N telling me that they shipped my Harry Potter book! I am super excited and plan on scheduling as much time as possible to read it this weekend. I have read a number of articles that say that everything makes sense at the end. This makes me happy as I had horrible visions of Rowling just killing everybody off and leaving the story without any ending whatsoever.

-It may be hard for me to get much reading in this weekend, though, as I have a lot of cool things planned. Friday night and Saturday I am going with Warren to the boy scout camp that he used to work at out on the peninsula. This trip involves a drive by (if not over) the brand new Tacoma Narrows bridge, which looks incredibly cool. (I think that Warren's love of bridges may be starting to rub off on me, although in my defense, I have always found bridges to be pretty cool).

-Since we only have SS and AM service on Sunday, we are going to have a BBQ after church and then go canoeing on the lake! This has been in the works for seriously like a year, and it is finally happening. I am excited.

1 comment:

Mandy Sue said...

Wow! That was a long post!!

Hope you found time in the following week for some HP....Come by my blog once in awhile...