Thursday, August 16, 2007

I feel like such a loser...

So here I am in Spokane. I wish I had all the time in the world to do a post the right way, but I only have a couple of minutes so this will have to be quick. The reason I only have a couple of minutes is because I am not technically using my Internet. I went driving around downtown Spokane tonight in search of a wireless signal that I could, uhhhhh, "borrow". My modem was supposed to be delivered today, but I was at orientation the entire day and the stupid UPS guy didn't leave it with my apartment manager but instead just took it home with him and said that he would be back "sometime" tomorrow. Which means that I get to stay home ALL day tomorrow, until my modem comes, that is. So hopefully I can get wireless hooked up in my apartment tomorrow. But for now I am sitting in my car in downtown, and feeling like I am going to get in trouble at any minute.

I am having a blast here, though. Nursing school is going to be grand and I am SUPER excited. I have already met some really neat, really nice people. Actually, to be honest, EVERYONE I have met so far has been really neat and really nice. I'm beginning to think there aren't any mean people in nursing school. The weather in Spokane has been wonderful... around 95 degrees every day. I am beginning to re-appreciate the value of air conditioning. As it allows me to get cool at night and when I want to be, and that means that I enjoy the warm temperatures that much more. Tomorrow I don't have anything that I have to be doing, so I'm gonna unpack some more while I wait for the UPS guy, get my Internet hooked up, and go spend about $700 or so on books/scrubs/other random things for this semester. I will post again once I get my own Internet... and I will definitely post pics of my apartment. But that will have to wait for now. Hopefully I will be back soon!

1 comment:

Mandy Sue said...

yeah pretty much. After all four of us have resumed posting and you are missing in action! ;)

That's okay, after all, we were MIA for quite a long time.