Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hex 168

So apparently we advertised for X-Box at our game today. They paid us $5,000 dollars to make this design on the field that has to do with their new marketing campaign for the 360. It was a circle with a hexagon in the middle with the roman numerals for 1, 6 and 8. I have tried asking some people what this means, and they have given me rather weak answers. Something about a "viral" campaign where they flood the market with something that will peak people's interest, such as Hex 168. So if any of my gamer friends know more about this and would like to fill me in, I would love to learn what is going on. I understand part of it may not be figured out until the 360 comes out, but any new knowledge would be useful. Like, have you even heard of this before?

Anyway, I am rather tired tonight and somewhat irritable. Today we played U$C, which equals the University of Spoiled Children. The score was a slaughter, but we did manage to beat the spread AND not continue the curse of 17. Although I am very frustrated with the Huskies because they can play good football for about 1 quarter, tops, and then it has to be bad. But when they play good, they REALLY play good ... I wish they could just continue on in that vein. Oh yah, and to make my mood worse, we also almost got our rallies cancelled due to some stupid reporter over at The Daily who did NOT get his facts straight. He was writing an article about going to football games drunk and how this was a staple of college life. (hmmm.. interesting, cause I'm in college and I never been to a game drunk, I've never drank at all!) But he mentioned the fact that this debauchery usually begins Friday nights, and he made mention of the band being at rallies. Some stupid comment about how the people in band were the drunkest ones out there, which is totally not true. But whether or not it is true, Brad blew a gasket. He yelled at us for 20 minutes, it was the MADDEST I have ever seen him. Because now lots of people are reading this and thinking the band is a bunch of drunks. Which wrecks our reputation and could possibly have dire consequences (such as putting us on probation with no more travel), just because some idiot decided to write something he knew nothing about. He was the one that reported in a campus newspaper to over 40,000 people that after the games, he is so drunk that he doesn't even know how to get home. Give me a break... it is frustrating that somebody like that could get us in trouble with half truths. But be that as it may, rallies are strictly alcohol free, which is fine with me, and they may not even continue if we don't come up with an agreement that Brad feels is adequate. Grrrr....!

But on to a lighter note before I go to sleep... my nickname is morphing again. Over the Japan trip, my TOC nickname became Victoria Butterworth (TOC being Touch of Class, our official travel attire so the band looks all professional and gives a good image and what not). When we were in the airport in San Fran, they kept calling that name over the loudspeaker, and Lynn decided that should be my nickname as well. Then in Oregon last weekend, the door on the overhead compartment on our travel busses kept hitting my arm/head/hand when I would try to take stuff in and out. Finally I got so frustrated that I hit the door and shouted, "Stupid door!" unfortunately somebody thought I said, "Stupid whore!" So know my other nickname is crack whore. Where the crack part came from I have no clue. But people think it is terribly funny to call me crack whore because, obviously, I am not. Not even close =) And then they started adding secret agent in there. So now my full nickname is something along the lines of: Victoria Butterworth, secret-agent-crack-whore, Sex Pocket. All said together, very fast. Interesting, I know, but such is the pain I must endure for hanging out with band nerds all the time. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Rational Icthus said...

"Kind of like a virus that catched you offguard and then slap up upside the head..."

Is the white-boy Ebonics with bad grammar mixed in for spite?

MsPoppins20 said...

Ummm... are you guys even speaking english? "Slap up upside the head"? Maybe I'm just not cool enough to understand...

Falling LEAVes said...

LOL... you're right... I was about to write a comment and I completely forgot what it was...

Oh yeah! It was about U$C... so you played against the University of Second Choice?