Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Campmeeting '06


So I am very aware of the fact that I haven't posted in a long time. And logically, it would seem that I should post about campmeeting, as I really haven't been doing much else with my time over the last 2.5 weeks. But when I sit down to actually write about it, I am not really sure what to say. I had an awesome time, although it was one of the more strange campmeetings in my remembrance. Partially because of all of the people, and partially because the two weeks felt totally different to me. They were both fun and enjoyable, but I hung out with two very different groups of people in the two different weeks, mainly because that was when they were there. So I have decided that I will list out key inside jokes or things that I remember the most about campmeeting. If they make sense to you, consider yourself lucky, if they don't, I am very sorry. Maybe you need to hang out with me more often! =)

-"Sitting" with Mandy and Zach in church
-Zach, I think I have your goat
-"Your brain is flatlined"
-Quality Kitchenette time
-Going to see Pirates
-Going to Shari's (both times)
-Walmart and how I went there more times during campmeeting than I do during an entire typical year!!
-Going to the zoo and eating animal fries
-Quality mall time!
-"Caution Kids" ... enough said
-My promised 3 Christmas presents: Beverly Hill Billies DVDs, a jungle gym and a Honda Element
-Angel Food/Devil's Food cake discussion
-Various discussions on words, including, but not limited to:
*Nautical
*Ominous (Omnious!!)
*Animosity
*Tumultuous
*Indubitably
*Copious
*Maniacally
-"Hiking" in flip-flops and a jeanskirt
-That crazy scary Alice in Wonderland play at the park
-
Melina, the marriage wrecker
-Doing guard duty with Angela
-Hey Thomas, I secretly hate you =)
-How do you get an elephant in the subway?

-Apparently, I am now a dictator (and I have a co-dictator to boot!)
-There was this guy named Jay...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for pink sweatshirts on guard duty!

LaDonna said...

Indubitably - is that how it's really spelled? It's sad, I'm in college and I struggle w/ that word so much. Lol, I was at Shari's both of the times you were too. Good times...I think. I like the way you posted about Camp, I may have to copy you, because I'm worried about the length of my blog if I go too much into it.

Stacy said...

Ok so out of that LONG list I can say I was a part of 2 of the events or rather remember two of them! Or maybe it was only one...who knows there was a lot that when down at Camp Meeting, how can you keep everything straight?? I know I sure can't, but you sure did a good job at it Melina!

Zachary J. Miles said...

Yeah, you got my goat! LOL!

Mandy Sue said...

LOL!! YESSSSS! 'Sitting' together in church was an absolute blast!!! Although you missed the conversation we had at starbucks about the guy that'looked' like Chad Michael Murray! LOL!

In general though, loved the list, and loved that I was a part of quite a few of them!! I miss you Melina!!