Monday, February 05, 2007

Clocks!

And no, I don't mean the Coldplay song.

So my parents just bought themselves an anniversary clock, never mind that the anniversary for which they should have purchased the clock is long past. They were shopping around. If you know my parents, you know exactly what I am talking about. Anyhow, they brought home their new prized possession and set it up in our dining room. Fine, dandy, that's great. But you add to that the grandfather clock in our living room. And the ship's clock that is normally at the church in my dad's office but that just came back from getting cleaned and is now at his desk here. There are a LOT of clocks making noises in my house. They all ring and they all have their own distinct sound. And my parents being who they are, each clock is set for a slightly different time so that they can hear all of the chimes separately. I don't even know which clock is technically correct anymore. I think that I am beginning to go insane. Every 15 minutes, a cacophony of sound erupts from that end of the house. Great fun.

On another note, I found this great website today: www.roadsideamerica.com. It is an amazing way to waste time, in case you are ever in the market. I really want to go here, the one in Oregon that is just outside of Grants Pass. Apparently it is the most authentic one around. So which one of my Southen Oregon friends wants to let me stay with them so that I can make my pilgrimage to this amazing place?? (As well as possibly joining me on my journey...)

5 comments:

Angela said...

I've been there...and I've done the "Superman" thing. It's very cool! (or at least, it was when I was there when I was 10!)

Rational Icthus said...

I went to one in the Valley of the Giants. Couldn't believe my eyes, or my body, for that matter. There was some kind of "force field" that was there, you couldn't even get in the door unless you closed your eyes. Wonder what made it work? It was like all of the sudden your body just *wouldn't* walk.

Mandy Sue said...

I would totally allow you to stay with me to go there. In fact, I've never been there even though it's only 45 minutes outside of Medford...we should totally do that sometime!!

Have I mentioned lately that I missyou? because I doooo I really do.

MsPoppins20 said...

I miss you too Mandy! I would love to come visit sometime soon. I can make no promises, but I will file it away in my "Things to do in the Near Future" folder in my brain.

Mandy Sue said...

LOL...you have afolder in your brain??? Cool, where can I get one of those? I always have trouble finding stuff in my brain...maybe I need a few of those--like a whole file cabinet full!