Sunday, March 05, 2006

Random question of the day:

Why is is that whenever the doorbell rings, I freak out and run away? Apparently my parents taught me well and got across the point that I should never answer the door unless I knew who was behind it. Somehow I have never managed to grow past this stage. I think I need express permission from my parents saying that I am now big enough to possibly answer the door. It is absolutely ridiculous, I will be sitting at home, by myself, minding my own business and the doorbell rings. Instant shock wave through my body... feel the need to hide... run to my parents' bedroom to peek out the window to see who it is... hide in the corner while the random person continues to ring the bell...stay there until it has been at least 5 minutes since they last rang the bell...heartbeat finally returns to normal and I go on with my day. If I am brave, I will open the door to see if they left something. Usually it is a package from the UPS man. How stupid am I?? A 20-year old who is scared of the doorbell.

6 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

Uh, yeah, afraid I'm gonna have to agree with Matt on this one (as much as I hate to agree with a Luka, every once in a long while, they're right about something)
So, I think that may have been something I did when I was about 5, but, yeah....

Rational Icthus said...

Insanity, huh? At least she's not sitting at home with a hole, uh, er, *snort*, uh, well, *giggle, um, oh just let it go HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one totally understand and sympathize. I do the exact same thing and I have owned my own house and/or lived on my own away from my parents for well over a decade now. I don't have quite the panic attack you do, but I hide in my kids room and peek out the window waiting for them to leave. Maybe it has something to do with the insanity that comes from dating a Luka :-) It does tend to make us a bit of a "Weirdo..."

Rational Icthus said...

The laws of cause and effect...

Are you weird because you date a Luka, or are you weird to begin with and you've just warped us Luka boys even further?

Hmm... makes me wonder.

(Either way, it doesn't make you responsible for the hole in Matt's backside. My wife says I better stop commenting on Matt's inability to remain standing because it might get his, er, "back" up!)

Rational Icthus said...

Hmm... Matt just called somebody ugly... Hmm...

And Matt, read the post again. It's not "get back up," it's "get your back up."

Rational Icthus said...

How do you raise your back while standing? I would have thought it was obvious.