Friday, September 23, 2005

I don't know -- no I don't but I care!

Yay for the lyrics to Johnny Q.!!! Johnny Q. has got to be about my absolute favorite stands tune for marching band, and now Shauna has made me a CD with the real song on it and I actually get to learn the lyrics. Good times. I am feeling in a very Johnny Q. sort of mood tonight: Fun and silly and I feel like making a fool of myself and busting out some "choreography." (No, I didn't just say that I wanted to dance...) I wish there was a way to upload it to my blog so everybody could hear it. If that is possible... can some one tell me how to do it?

Anyway, in other news, for the first time in the history of my playing the flute/piccolo, I have wrecked my chops. Totally and completely, no practicing for me tonight. This week we are doing a Sousa show. Anybody familiar with Sousa and piccolo parts should know exactley what I am talking about. So after an all day practice of playing Sousa over and over and over, my mouth is a little sore. And to top it all off, we are ending the show with Stars and Strips Forever. I love the song, don't get me wrong, but after playing 4 other Sousa songs in front of it, the Picc soli just dosen't come out the way that it should. But I persevered and I have the soli under my fingers for the most part. We are playing Notre Dame tomorrow. Big stuff, they never come to Seattle. And to make things more interesting, Coach Willingham (our new coach) is the ex-coach for Notre Dame. Interesting. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. I am excited, it should be a fun day all the way around.

Now, on to the promised discussion about Thr3e. I am not sure how to do this because I don't want to wreck the book for anybody else. I guess I will put a disclaimer if I am going to give something away. I really, really liked the book. I thought it was very well done and the twist toward the end really is interesting. Maybe I thought it was interesting because I am going into Psychology. I didn't really find the book scary at all. *DISCLAIMER* Yes, the idea that someone can have three distinct personalities who are trying to hurt one other is a bit unnerving, but it was an interesting discussion of good vs. evil. *YOU CAN READ AGAIN* It reminded me of a certain movie that a certain person made me watch, which, due to circumstances beyond my control, scared me senseless. (Its okay, no hard feelings =) I am not sure what to think of Ted Dekker's writings over all, though. As a Christian reading them, I can always tell what his Christian theme is, but I wonder if a non-Christian would pick up on anything or if they would just read over it as another part of the story. Okay, so I know that this is a very poor start to a discussion, but I am tried. Let me know what you guys thought of the book.

"Oh, You gotta take me home tonight. Oh, Down beside that red firelight. Oh, You gotta let it all hang out. Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go 'round!" The cd switched to the next song and I couldn't help but sing =) But I will spare you any more agony of my singing in the middle of my posts, I am going to sleep now. I do have a question though, I have recently received an interesting band nickname and I can't decide whether to write about it or not. It is a TERRIBLY good nickname as far as nicknames go, but it is also just an awful name. Let me know if you guys would be interested. GOODNIGHT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh-oooh-oooh - tell us the nickname! (i hope it's not another animal - your house will turn into a zoo)

Anonymous said...

yes....I'd also love to know the new nickname. :) puh-lease, share!

MsPoppins20 said...

You get yourself out of it by doing exactley what you did, STOPPING =) Or you could say that it makes you think of me because you know that we play it in band, that would also work. I wish I got to listen to cool songs like FBG at work. I'm jealous... =(

About Identity, I think I am over it for the most part. I have even been feeling the urge to possibly watch a scary movie soon (just not with YOU). I think you are right, though, you were the one that scared me, not really the movie. Man, you were mean =).

MsPoppins20 said...

Chick flicks and comedies huh? So what other good movies have you seen lately? I watched "Guess Who?" with Tricia... I wasn't really a fan. Did you see it? What did you think?

And about "Dodgeball", I thought that movie was sort of dirty looking. Did it come out okay? I need a good funny movie. I can't wait for November, I have officially dubbed it awesome movie month. We have four coming out:
1: HARRY POTTER! (I think I shall go see it at midnight =)
2: Pride and Prejudice
3: Remake of Yours, Mine and Ours 4: Rent
Anybody else excited?!?