Saturday, September 24, 2005

Sex Pocket

That is my "official" band nickname. It is one of those nicknames that is good because you know it is going to stick, but the name in and of itself is rather interesting. So on to the explanation! (Nicknames always have explanations, didn't you know?) A lot of the piccolo dances... err... choreography for the songs involve using a bit of sass and wacking your butt at times throughout the song. Like, big bass downbeat, that would be a good butt-wacking place. Anyway, at our pre-season picc meeting, we were discussing choreography and how when we do this butt-wacking should we be looking straight ahead or should we turn and look over our shoulder. Needless to say, we decided on the over the shoulder look because it was more sassy, i.e. sexy. So over the last couple of weeks it has sort of become a thing to say "SEX" whenever you slap your butt during the song. Don't freak out now, this is all in fun, I promise =)

On to the nickname part, I was walking to rally last week with some people and I had my cellphone in my back pocket. Unfortunately I said, "I need to move my cell phone because it is in my sex pocket." And unfortunately Lynn was there and picked up on me saying something stupid. And unfortunately everybody that was with me at that point in time has now decided to tell anyone they meet that my name is now "Sex Pocket." It is absolutely horrible, in a fun sort of way! The worst part though, and the reason that I know the name is going to stick, is that I have started answering to it. The first time it was totally on accident, but now that I have started answering to my nickname, I don't think that there is anyway I am ever going to escape it. Example, I am walking to practice and somebody says, "Hi Sex Pocket."Unfortunately I decide to say "Hi what ever their name is" and now I am stuck with the name. All the piccs know, all the clarinets know and a good deal of other random people. It is spreading, and it has only been a week. *Sigh* This is going to be a long season =)

In other news, we lost today to Notre Dame: Notre Dame 36, Washington 17. But we put up a very good fight. Notre Dame really had to work for those points, as did we. I am proud of most of our Huskies... but some of them, as my friend Becca likes to say, are still not on my Christmas card list. Something odd, and something I am sure the sports writers are going to pick up on soon, in every game that we have lost this season, we scored 17 points. That is three games now. And last week when we won, we scored 17 points in the 2nd quarter and 17 points in the 3rd quarter. What is up with 17? I think it is cursed or something...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so I'm assuming we can't call you this at church?? =)

MsPoppins20 said...

No, that probably wouldn't be the best idea... =)

MsPoppins20 said...

Well, you can't say that I didn't warn you about my nickname. Although I am sorry for causing you any panic... I have tried to not really let myself think about what other meanings my name could have. (And NO, we are not going to get into that conversation!) But I told you it was good... bad but good.

I wanted to say a lot more about the game, but I didn't want to bore my readers and I didn't know if anyone had seen it or not. I may be a bit biased, but I really feel like the Huskies played well for the most part. In the third quarter they sort of gave up for a while, but they got their act together and managed to score 14 points in the 4th quarter. There were a couple of calls that seemed a bit bogus, like calling a pass interference on your own guy when the ball is in our possession. And there were 4 total "touchdowns" yesterday, 2 for us and 2 for Notre Dame, that they had to send to the press box to review. I am very happy with what Willingham as done so far. The difference between this team and last year's team is very noticable to someone who has to go to all the games =) They still haven't started winning yet... but there is still time.

MsPoppins20 said...

P.S. Why are you apologizing to ME about what my blog made you think?

Anonymous said...

Hmm... seems to me that you're under no obligations to read her blog. =)

MsPoppins20 said...

Nope... no apology from me!!! =)