Saturday, September 10, 2005

Return of the Dawgs?

Yes, I have decided to create a blog, but I don't feel like boring you with all the mundane details of my life. So, without further ado, on to the more exciting things....

I almost drowned today. Really. You don't believe me? I am serious. For my readers who don't know (wait, what readers, I haven't told anybody about this yet! anyway...) I am a member of the Husky Marching Band. Go Dawgs! And today was our first official home game that we marched at. So I got up at the crack of dawn, which on a Saturday equals 7am, and was at school by 8:30. We then did our last run throughs of our field show and pregame and all of that good stuff. But picture this, dark, dense, low clouds hang over all of Seattle when I wake up. Then when I get to school and am out on the football field with NO place to go, the skies open up and we have a torrential downpour. I mean TORRENTIAL! There could have been a monsoon and I'm not sure that it would have been raining any harder. But we are in the middle of practicing our field show, and of course we are hard core band geeks so we don't fear a bit of rain. But it juts keeps coming and coming and coming. Until everything is soaked. The rain has soaked through my wool band uniform, through my long sleeve thermal shirt, through my purple shirt. I heard one guy say that there was water running down his leg on the inside of his pants because so much water had soaked through. I do not think I have ever been that drenched in my whole life, other than when I was swimming or taking a shower. So do you see how I almost drowned now? And then to make matters worse during the football game ALL of the clouds go away and there is beautiful blue sky and sun. So now we are all damp, but we are sweating because the sun is so hot. I mean, come on, after all it is only September 10, it can still be warm this time of year in Seattle.

What's that you say? What about the football game? Yah... that was a bit of a disappointment to say the least. For those of you who don't know, last year was the worst year for Husky football in about 30 years, 1 win, 9 losses. Yah, I told you it was bad. So we fired that coach and got a new coach who seems to be doing better. He at least still has energy. But about this game, it was against Cal for those of you who wanted to know. We started out great. We scored a touch down within the first 20 seconds. 20 SECONDS PEOPLE! The guy rushed 56 yards. It was incredible, I think almost every one in Husky Stadium nearly fainted. But then things sort of went down hill from there. I won't elaborate because it is too depressing. We lost, 56-17.

But the band won. The band ALWAYS wins =) We got to have a jam session on the field after the game with the Cal band and the Blue Thunder drum line. Ahhh... I love band! Preschool drills next week, which means band from 8:30am to 8:30pm. YES!!!

1 comment:

MsPoppins20 said...

Who are you? You know my name, so obviously I know you... Would you like me to start guessing? =)