Friday, November 18, 2005

3:30 bedtime + 8:30 class = Lots 'o fun!!

So last night, or rather early this morning, I went and saw Harry Potter. It was excellent! It wasn't little kiddy and it really took the whole feel of the book and turned it into a great movie. As the books go on, the feel changes as circumstances change... so I am very glad that they are trying to capture that in the movies. It may well be my favorite movie so far, although it wasn't my favorite book. I don't know what it was... maybe it was the whole watching a movie at 1:30 in the morning thing, but I also found this movie to have a lot more humor in it. That is weird to say because I just said it was more serious, I guess what I mean is that the parts put in for comic relief actually worked really well. Anyway, I should probably stop talking about Harry Potter now, but I really want to see it again. I think that I just may have to go =)

While we were downtown going to see Harry Potter, it was extremely foggy, which meant that we couldn't even see the top of the space needle. It was like somebody had just removed the top part and left the legs. Which was awesome considering the fact that the top of the space needle is now painted crimson and grey. *Sigh* oh well... it is a terrible turn of events that I know UW won't live down for a while... the only thing that could make it so we redeemed some of our pride would be if we won the Apple Cup tomorrow. I will keep you posted! But the normally white arches of the Pacific Science Center, which is located right next to the space needle, were lit up with vibrant purple neon lights. So the space needle may not like us, but PSC does! And so does the weather... hence the fog obscuring the top of the needle =)

Anyway, thats about all the interesting news I have for now, just wanted to update you on Harry Potter. Oh my goodness... it was so much fun, I still get excited thinking about it =) The only bad part about the evening, I sat next to Wazzu fans and the guy next to me would make this horrible clicking noise with his mouth whenever something witty would happen on the screen. Whenever a part would come up that had significance to the movie but you hadn't realized it yet unless you had read the book, he would make that noise. Like when Hermonine and Krumm look at each other when he puts his name in the goblet of fire. I was like, "WOULD YOU STOP IT!!!"... but I didn't say it. Lynn said that I should have started coughing really loudly whenever he did this, but I didn't think of it at the time. It's not a bad idea.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you go again, let me know! I want to see it!! =)

Rational Icthus said...

Sorry to hear about the needle. I must say that deep red is beautiful way up there...

;)

Good luck tomorrow!

Rational Icthus said...

Oh, I disagree. Sometimes the crowd getting into a game can mean the difference between a team putting that extra "oomph!" into their efforts, and the band plays a role in whipping up the crowd. Melina's part of the Huskies offensive line. This is especially true when you consider how offensive woodwinds can sound!

:)

MsPoppins20 said...

Both of you are right... I personally don't PLAY football (imagine that!!) so it would seem that I don't have the ability to make my team do ANYTHING. But Chris has the right idea when he says that the band is important... someone finally understands us!

Although if we were really that influential to the winning process, we should have won a whole lot more this year... we have been awesome! More about the game later.. I'm going to watch HP2 now =)

Rational Icthus said...

Such a peacemaker MsPoppins is. Me thinks the grace is strong with this one.

Rational Icthus said...

Oh, and my condolences on your loss...

Falling LEAVes said...

I felt bad for my friend when we went to go see Harry Potter. I didn't realize what a movie-talker I was. But you're right. This one was serious and humorous. I found myself cracking up a lot during this movie. I almost even cried at one point! Don't let Nina hear that. I dunno if she's ever seen me cry during a movie.