Monday, February 20, 2006

MsPoppins?

I have a question... anybody know why my blog title is MsPoppins? Just curious... I want to see how well you all know me and if you have got it figured out yet. My family assures me that it is blatantly obvious why I picked that name, but what do you think?

In other news, yesterday in Sunday School the lesson was on asking God for things. I was going over with my primaries things that were appropriate to ask God for and things that probably were inappropriate. I was trying to get them to say that asking God to let you win your game (whatever it may be) probably was not totally appropriate, so I decided to use the example of the Super Bowl. I wanted them to guess, so I started giving them clues, and Nicholas got it right away. He said, "Yah, it was Super Bowl XL and the Steelers CHEATED!" He said it with such authority and passion... I burst out laughing. And then somehow I had to get my kids off the subject of how the Steelers "cheated" in the Super Bowl, because they all really wanted to talk about that. Ahhh.... got to love that innocent, black and white sort of logic.

9 comments:

Rational Icthus said...

Does it have something to do with your purse? Just a guess...

Mandy Sue said...

Um...You have a secret love for the movie Mary Poppins?

MsPoppins20 said...

My purse? I'm not following you on that one there, Chris. And yes, it does have something to do with Mary Poppins, but what precisely? (Don't worry, I will tell you eventually... maybe tomorrow!)Any other guesses?

Rational Icthus said...

Mary Poppins had a bag stuffed full of everything. I wondered if your purse was crowded. Justa guess.

Mandy Sue said...

Sorry, I don't know past that...and that was the obvious part. Let's think.
I have no idea...and you better tell us tomorrow-now I'm intrigued.

Stacy said...

Does it have anything to do with her being a "nanny" and single?

Total shot in the dark there, but its a guess = )

MsPoppins20 said...

Actually, Matthew isn't correct, I think he is smoking something =)

The REAL reason I acquired the nickname is due to the part in the movie when she first meets the kids. She pulls out her tape measure and measures both of them, getting things like "Prone to giggling". She then measures herself and it says, "Mary Poppins, Practically perfect in every way."

So, due to my perfectionistic tendencies, my family took to associating that phrase with me whenever I was freaking out over not being perfect. It then came to be that they called me "Melina Poppins", because of that phrase. So yah, the name has stuck and whenever I freak out about not being perfect, they like to quote it at me in a mean and sadistic sorta way. Why I chose to embrace, I'm not sure.

Rational Icthus said...

Man, and I was hoping Matt was right...

MsPoppins20 said...

Well, I am glad that you accept me for who I am, Matthew =)

And now I must go freak out about a history paper I have due on Monday... I am afraid that I am living up to my nickname tonight.