Thursday, February 09, 2006

A New Toy

So I got a new phone today. My contract with Sprint was up at the end of last month and I wanted OUT... so I switched back to Verizon with my parents. The good news, I got a new phone. The bad news, I got a new phone. Suffice it to say, I am much poorer now, but I will live.

On the plus side, apparently I got a phone that has been on the market for only about a week, so that's cool with me. I guess that means I am high tech, for the next 5 minutes anyway. It took us like an hour and a half to get my phone, though, and I am not really sure why. We went to the mall and this really nice guy helped us for way longer than he should have. And then he was way too nice in other ways too... I think he may have been flirting with me, but I'm not the expert when it comes to that. So I decided to buy the accessory package since I wanted the car charger and if I bought the package, it was like it came for free. Anyways, cause my phone is so new, they don't have a set package yet, so I got to pick out all my stuff... and while I was looking at head sets, my mom asked me something about old headsets and getting shorts and stuff. I said that that wouldn't be too much of a problem, I didn't think. At that moment I walked away to go to their customer service place to look at more headsets, and as I am leaving I am overhearing my mother telling this guy, who I am pretty sure was flirting with me, exactly why I didn't need the headset anymore. Yah... I was pretty mortified. Dude... whatever, it was all very strange.

It was beautiful again in Seattle today. This time I took my camera to school. My picture taking tried to interfere with my getting to class ... I'm gonna have to work on that. Taking pictures during passing time may not be the best idea. But you have to take 'em when you see 'em, right?

Even though it is sunny, it doesn't mean that it is warm outside. This morning I had more frost/ice on my car than I have had since November. I had to work for a good 5 minutes before I could actually see to drive. What is odd is that all the people on campus think sun=warm. In February, I think sun=45degrees. But I saw MULTIPLE people today wearing flipflops/capris/shorts/short-sleeve t-shirts with no jacket. Insane. I think I will wait a while before I break out any of those things.

2 comments:

MsPoppins20 said...

I should have clarified. She was asking me about finding one that wouldn't get shorts as easily, and I reminded her oh-so-gently that the reason my headsets got shorts in the first place was because of massive overuse. (That, and because I also had an annoying habit of accidentally falling asleep with them on, but that is beside the point).

Headsets are cool, though, and I do have a new one for this phone. I expect it will last me for forever, since I plan to use it never. Although I must say it will make it easier to drive my stick shift and talk on the phone... You won't tell anybody that I used to do that, right???

Rational Icthus said...

I thought you didn't want shorts 'cuz it was too cold?