Thursday, June 07, 2007

Picc Retreat 2007

In the middle of May the piccolo section went to Grayland, WA for a retreat of sorts. This was the 3rd year doing it, and it was great fun. These pictures pretty much speak for themselves, so I will give them some captions and let them do the rest. Oh yah, and the website of the place we stayed (like I promised): http://www.wildrosehideaway.webtrellis.net/
The house that we stayed in:

We got there way early and didn't have the food, so we ventured back to the mall at Aberdeen where I got this nifty bottle of Coke from Mexico! (Yes, the writing was in Spanish):

Apparently Tom Cruise came to this mall on May 9, 2006:

We went to the pet store before we went back. There was nothing to do at this mall, think the old Mall 205 in Portland, or even worse, Eastport Plaza (which no longer even exists):

I want to live on this street:

This piece of paper made our weekend more fun:
We watched a lot of TV, specifically, "What Not to Wear" (Now don't let the irony of this picture escape you!):
And we ate a lot of good food:
The messes were immense... this was only the beginning. It was almost more than I could deal with!:
Yes, we even went to the beach. The weather was not the best, but it wasn't horrible:
Some picturesque little birds:
I had to leave my mark, which was promptly washed away by the waves:
And being good marching band devotees, we had to watch Drumline:

The true highlight of the weekend was watching Change of Habit with Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore. It's basically about this nun who falls in love with Elvis who plays.... a doctor??!!?? It is a truly amazing film and something that you should watch when you are in a silly mood and feel like making fun of something! Having said that, I am all blogged out for tonight. I will post some more later. I do feel better, though, having posted the two important events that I had promised to write about.

No comments: