Saturday, December 10, 2005

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... I need that rock NOW!

So as of 5 minutes ago I had a post up here that had taken me about 30 mins to type and then my computer said that it had encountered an error and shut down. Grrrr!!!! In that previous post, I had detailed how I was in the mood for some hardcore, head-banging rock. I need it even more right now just cause I am so frustrated. Perhaps if I do enough head-banging I will get so dizzy I won't remember how frustrated I was? I dunno.... Thousand Foot Krutch is cutting it for now, but I may need something new soon. Any good suggestions from the peanut gallery? I know that I may not seem like a rock girl, but I am. My music collection, while it is mostly Christian, is still comprised mainly of rock and alternative. Wait... I have a better suggestion, anybody wanna go cruising with me? We can turn the music up and roll the windows down and drive way too fast. Ahhhh.... sounds nice =) Wait... I mean, I don't drive fast (well, I didn't there for awhile while my car and I were still getting to know each other, but now we get along much better!)

But since I most likely will not be going cruising tonight but to bed instead, I shall finish rewriting the post that was already written once this evening. This is the short version. Going to London in the spring conflicted with one of my finals. I contacted the professor about the format of the final to get an idea of whether or not it was something that I could miss or not (i.e. If it was a paper, I could have written it early and left early). The stupid professor never emailed me back so I had to buy the ticket anyways. Might I add that it was non-refundable too. Finally I decided that the professor wasn't going to email me back, so I emailed him again. He responded with this "I don't give finals early, that is why I didn't respond to your email." On what planet would I take his lack of a response as a sign that he wasn't going to let me take the final early?? I took it more to mean that the email got lost or he accidentally overlooked it in his inbox or something. But long story short, he didnt respond so I bought the ticket for Thursday, the day of the final, because it was the cheaper one and they were running out of seats. If he had just had the decency to respond, I could have bought the ticket for Friday and it would have been all good. So I dropped his class, looked up his profile on the UW website and scowled at his picture. To make matters worse, he looks exactly like the defense against the dark arts teacher off of the 2nd Harry Potter movie, Lockhart. I am tempted to send a nasty email since I will never have to see him again nor take his class, but I will not because that wouldn't be very Christian-like. I have included his picture here, just for your scowling enjoyment:
http://depts.washington.edu/scand/faculty/nestingen.shtml.

Anyway, I have bored you long enough with my rambles about my miserable existence. I am tense and on edge cause I have finals Monday and Tuesday and while I am pretty ready to take them, I just would like them to be over. Maybe THEN I will go on that cruising expedition to celebrate. You guys are still invited to come if you'd like....

1 comment:

MsPoppins20 said...

*sigh* I guess you are right, I hate to admit defeat. I think that it was more along the lines of, if you are mad enough with somebody, you can turn them into a stupid looking person. And no, I didn't see a "poobah" verison of the movie. Where do you come up with these words?