Friday, December 23, 2005

Here we come a caroling!

So last night I went caroling. It was like 10 girls and what I have begun to fondly refer to as our two "token males"... Alex and Erik. It was interesting seeing as how it has been pouring down rain here for about the last 2 to 3 days. Last night when I left my house to go to the church, it took me ten minutes to get the 6 blocks from 81st to 75th. And there were sheets of water pouring down the street. So we all got to the church and were like, we don't really want to go caroling in this. But it actually stopped raining and we decided to just go to people that live near the church so that we would have roofs and porches and a quick escape if necessary.

Highlights of the caroling experience.... I knew it was going to go well when at our first stop we sang for an empty house. Then the next couple of stops were uneventful until we decided to go find the Lakes' house. We had the address and knew about where it was, but we didn't know for sure. And so in our brilliance, instead of driving in the car to find the house, we parked the cars and started walking. Now I'm cool with exercise and all that, but it had started to pour again and I was rapidly getting drenched. We finally did find the house, but we were a little worse for the wear. Then at our last stop they shut the door in our face! We found the house and they had a big enclosed yard with the house set back from the street and a "Beware of Dog" sign on the gate. We didn't hear a dog, and despite Katrina's worries that the dog was going to come out and attack us as we went in, we decided to go for it. We walked up to what looked to be the front porch, but there was a porch and a pile of ruble where the steps should have been. Apparently they were remodeling. So we sang in the grass... a long way from the door so it took them about a song and a half to finally hear us. Then they came and peeked out the door but the wife thought that they didn't know us so she closed the door and went back inside. Pretty soon her husband comes out and looks and he was like, "It's okay, we know them!" Poor Loretta, she came out and stared at all of us and was still like... "I know you??!!?" Talk about feeling appreciated =) By that time we were very damp and decided to head home. And the dog??? Yah... it was a little Snoopy dog on their front porch. Interesting. We also sang for some totally random people because we liked the big blow up snowman in their front yard.

Anyways, I think that I should try posting to this thing earlier in the day so that I am more awake as I am doing so. Right now, all I can think about is going to bed and unfortunately, I think that it is causing my performance to suffer.

1 comment:

Falling LEAVes said...

Hmmm I should consider doing that to my future home! Put up a "beware of dog" sign... after all, I have plenty of Snoopy's!