Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's marching band time again!

For this weekend anyway! So we ("we" being HMB) have a fairly good relationship with the Seahawks, and they usually ask us to do a half-time show about once every other year or so. This year, they told us early on that if they continued to do well, then they would invite us to do the half-time show should it come down to a championship game. Fast forward 2 months to January when we still hadn't heard anything from them. Brad finally got a call saying that the NFL actually chooses the half-time shows for the championship games, and we were not it. But apparently this "professional gig," we still don't know who it was supposed to be, backed out last Saturday saying that they were worried about the weather.

*Insert side note here* As of last Saturday, it had rained 27 consecutive days in Seattle and we were up to 11 total inches of rain in January. It didn't rain at all on Sunday, which made the previous 27 days obsolete when it came to beating the record, which is 33 days.

Anyway, they called Brad and frantically said they needed us to do the show. Brad said no way can we make this work. But then they told us they would pay us $10,000. The original deal was for $4,000. Brad decided that we would make it work. (Considering the fact that we are planning an all band trip to Oklahoma next year). So we had practice tonight, from 9pm-11pm I might add, and then will have it again tomorrow, and then we will be down there all day on Sunday. I am very excited because I love marching band!!! I was so happy to be back tonight. And it will also be a lot of fun... we could probably trip all over ourselves and the crowd would still love us. But of course we aren't going to do that. I just have to say... Go SEAHAWKS!!!

9 comments:

Rational Icthus said...

I repeat the question from our Seahawks comments on my site. Where are those tickets you were gonna get for me?

MsPoppins20 said...

Despite what superpowers you may think that I have... getting you tickets to an already sold out game is NOT one of them. Shouldn't you be at church on Sunday anyway?

Rational Icthus said...

Um... who's asking me that again?

Bryan said...

GO CHICKENS! GO HAIRY MUTT MARCHING BAND!!

Rational Icthus said...

Was that a game or WHAT??!!

Mindy said...

Whoo hoo!! Sounds like fun. If I watched professional sports I might even tune in to see if I could spot ya. I have to say, the Sunday School dream sounded unbelievably scary. Chris, I still don't get it.

Rational Icthus said...

Mindy, of course you don't get it. Everyone knows that violinists don't have good ears...

ROFL!!!

(Seriously, did you try reading it out loud?)

MsPoppins20 said...

The game was excellent!

And Chris, I got it all except the "Medford" part.

Rational Icthus said...

You've never "met for" Sunday School before?