Saturday, January 14, 2006

Welcome to the Apostolic Faith Sunday School... I mean... uhhhh....

I just got home from church. Yah... I know. I guess that is what happens when church doesn't start until 8 and then Bro. Bill preaches. In case you didn't know, Seattle is turning 50 this weekend! We are having special meetings and also an anniversary celebration for the church in Seattle. Good times.

Speaking of special meetings, last night I had a dream that I had to teach the adult Sunday school class on the weekend of special meetings. But even though it was Seattle special meetings, it was the Medford adult class. And I hadn't done my lesson cause I thought that I was teaching the primaries. And then nobody bothered to tell me this until right after I got out of the shower. (What?!? You didn't know there was a shower in the ladies restroom by the youth chapel in Medford?!?!) And then they wouldn't let me get dressed, so I had to teach the class wearing only my towel. And although it was the adult class, it was only men. Talk about a disturbing dream!! I was actually relieved to wake up this morning and realize that I didn't have to stand in front of a group of guys, wearing only a towel, and attempt to teach Sunday school. Now I am off to bed... hopefully to NOT have any dreams that remotely resemble this dream from last night...Goodnight!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my dear MsPoppins...The thing about your dream is that I can totally invision it because I know what the Medford Adult class is like. And I can't help but laugh...You poor thing...

Teaching Class in your towel.... Oh Boy!!!

Rational Icthus said...

And this week in the Medford Pun Gazette:

(might help if you read it aloud)

What a class!

We'd all Medford the Sunday School class when our substitute teacher walked in and said "Good morning" towel of us with lesson than a bedsheet!

MsPoppins20 said...

I don't know where you get this stuff... but I think that you need help!

I saw your wife and kids on Friday! Hopefully Jill told you that I had said "Hi". And I hope that you are feeling better too. I had a good come back for the "big party girl" comment all planned, and then you weren't there. Guess I'll have to get you on the 29th.

Rational Icthus said...

You complain and whine, but I bet it got a smile!

Stacy said...

Ok so I have to admit that it took me about 5 times reading it out loud to get what you were trying to say there.

Very smart man you are Sir Rational

Rational Icthus said...

Very smart, or very wacko. I'm still trying to figure it out. In the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun!