Thursday, August 31, 2006

Just a little warning...

It is that time of year again! What time of year, you may ask... well, it is early fall, so that can only mean one thing. Football? Well, yah... but more importantly, MARCHING BAND! Yay! I am a gigantic band geek and I am aware of that, but I am so excited to have marching band start again.

This week we have practice W,Th,F from 6:30-9:30 for the San Jose game on Saturday. Since the season hasn't officially started, it is most of the varsity members and some alumni who felt like coming back. It is good times since, #1: Every one knows how to march and it is assumed that they are a fairly competent marcher and, #2: Only people who really want to do it are there, none of those people who thought it would be cool but then decided half way through the season that they hated it and walked around making every one else miserable. Plus the show is a 80s show, which makes me pretty happy. Here are the songs, just so you can feel special and included:

Theme from MTV
Video Killed the Radio Star
Take On Me
I'll Be There For You (The theme from Friends)
Tubthumping (Reminds me of middle school, I don't really know why)
Come On Eileen

Good times. I confess that I had to check some of them out cause I didn't know all of them. I can pretty much guarantee that Video will get stuck in your head if you just listen to like 15 seconds of it. Amazingly enough, I'm not too sore.... yet. I have three ideas about this, #1: I'm not working hard enough, which I know is not the case cause I'm exhausted right now. #2: I'm just really cool and in shape and everything, but some how I'm thinking that isn't totally the case either. #3: I was in good enough shape that one night of marching was okay, but tomorrow I will wake up after 2 solid nights of marching and I won't really be able to move, a delayed reaction sort of deal. We will see.

No comments: