Thursday, April 19, 2007

A door? THE door?

Some of you know about the decisions that I am trying to make for next year. I've also posted enough here that if you are a smart, consistent reader of my blog, you have probably picked up on what is going on. But to get everyone on the same page, here is a quick recap:

Originally, I applied for a master's program which would have allowed me to get my MSN after getting my BA in psychology. (At UW, it's called the MEPN program. Other schools call it by different yet similar names.) Anyhow, I applied two places and didn't get accepted to either one. Okay, I dealt with that. Maybe I'm not meant to be in the MEPN program, but I still really want to do nursing. I then decided to apply to some BSN programs. Out of three, I was denied outright at one, put as #28 on a waiting list at the second, and now I have an interview at the third. On a side note here, all of this rejection is starting to get rather infuriating. I have good grades. I have good extracurriculars. I have good experience what with my volunteering and work experience. I am able to write a decent essay/statement of intent. What gives?

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand... the catch in all of this? The school I have the interview at just happens to be WSU, our very own cross-state rival. Not to mention the fact that it requires a move from Seattle, where I am very active in my church, to a city where there is not even a church of my particular denomination. This isn't to say that I am not willing to do all of this, I am just rather confused at how the Lord is going to work all of this out and what His plans are for me. Anyway, I have the interview in Spokane Saturday, so we will see how that goes. I'm not in for sure, but I am one step closer. I am trying to tell myself that being a Cougar would not be the end of the world, but I'm not sure if I am believing it yet. Apparently this UW/WSU switch happens more often than I thought, though, evidenced by this picture that Warren took for me in the school parking lot:


4 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

LOL..I really enjoyed the picture. :D

As for the predicament you are in...I will pray for God's will in it. Don't worry, God has a way of working things out. Like on Mindy's blog!

Falling LEAVes said...

to address going to a rival school ... I think Nina had to do that for her afternoon class ... she had to go to her rival school ... but anyway ... another example of rivalries ... there are plenty of former Giants who are now Dodgers and that's a pretty big rivalry. I think I heard when they wanted to trade Jackie Robinson to the Giants, he decided to retire instead of play for the rival team. Anyway, to echo Mandy, God will make a way!

Stacy said...

So how did your interview go on Saturday? I maybe jumping the gun (becuase I'm sure you're already typing to your blog what happened) but I'm a little impatient when it comes to things like this. How did all go? I will also pray for you that the Lords will is done. Isn't it kind of cool though to know that he already knows which school you're going to be attending and weather or not you'll have to have two diff. stickers on the back of your car = ) Just a thought....

MsPoppins20 said...

You are impatient, huh? Last time I checked, you hadn't posted in almost a month. Plus, I have a good excuse... homework!

Anyhow, the interview went well and I will post more about the weekend a little later (maybe tomorrow). I have too much homework for tonight... =(.